Eight blocks are all that stood between me and my favorite childhood hangout. A hangout that opened my eyes to so many possibilities and gave me a brief reprieve from my daily life… A hangout that allowed me to stuff my backpack to the brim with adventures and characters that could transport me to millions of other places.
– I met Marie-Antoinette and her perpetual need to live a life of grandeur.
– I suffered with Anne Frank in her hideout during World War II…I cried when she cried.
– I traveled back in time and rode along with Laura Ingalls Wilder and her family on their wagon seeking a new home…a fresh start.
– I flashed back to a time where royalty was common and kings and queens were overthrown just as quickly as they had gained their crowns.
– I visited new places…exploring rainforests, traveling through Europe, visiting secret gardens that almost seemed magical
– Made new friends in castles full of witches and wizards.
– I solved mysteries along side Nancy Drew and the Boxcar Children- piecing clues together one by one.
– Had my heart broken by the loss of my favorite characters…
Eight blocks are all that stood between me and my favorite childhood hangout. The local library. My favorite place to “get away.”